Tool #9 Assignment, create a new post in which you respond to the following:
- Why do you think it is important to tie the technology to the objective? Why not? These kids will be tied to more and more technology in the future and they need the stimulation because we have developed their world which functions that way. They need more hands on and more stimulation and the technology gives that and allows them to explore and learn more.
- Why should we hold students accountable for the stations/centers? They have more at their disposal and responsibility is part of that. They have the responsibility to gather, filter and learn as well as maintain and be inventive. In theatre, we have to have each student technician accountable for some part of the whole and students can handle the responsibility. That is how they are going to push themselves further beyond what they are taught.
- There are so many links for students to look into for theatre that will benefit the production. In production we have timelines and students will be held accountable to get their work done in a timely fashion. In the real world, when you do not meet the timeline, your job is affected and that is the benefit in what I do. I can always relate it to real life and real work.
- List two to three apps you found for the iPod Touch/iPad that you can use in your classroom. What do you see that station looking like? How can you hold the students accountable for their time in these stations? We have been recording video clips on our iPad and on the iPod we download our sound to run it on our new equipment when purchased for UIL. There are tons of ways to do research on shows and time and video which are what we are using it for now. Our hope is to bring more technology into running our lightboard next. With that, there is not free software so we are waiting to get what we need.
- What about other ways to use the iPod Touch/iPad? Share another way you can see your students using the device as a station. If you leave it up to the kids, they will always find new ways to do things. Many of the students run their paperwork for a show off of their iPads and so that is what we see happening. Keeping up with data and images and having more at the fingertip of the user is how we use our devices.